Sunday, April 17, 2011

What an incredible day...


What an incredible day… Today, I got to see 100+ people get baptized at Elevation Church! The one that started it all was my good friend Sonshine Watkins … Her story is amazing and I love this girl to my core! She told me today she had a girl crush on me… I had to say ditto ;)
 But seriously, she has blessed my life so much since she came to work at Planet 21. I got to see how God orchestrated the whole thing, from her talking to me in the office about searching for something & not knowing what it is, to her accepting Christ into her life Dec 23rd 2010…and to see how much God has grown her in just these few short months is mind blowing…now to see her getting baptized today…that just topped it off!
I used to be so scared to share my faith with people, but to see what God can do; when I do what I can do, blows me away. It shouldn’t, because He’s God, He made us & the world in 6 days, these small things that we see as HUGE or impossible in life are nothing for Him! It reminds me to think & pray BIG!!

God has placed phenomenal people in my life and I’m thankful for each and every one of them. One of my favorite things that Pastor says is  “My life couldn’t be written without you in it” and I love that… Just think of all the people that are in your story… now just think of how many there are that you don’t know about, someone you talked to in the grocery store, someone you held a door open for, a lonely stranger you may have spoken to for a split second & made their day without even realizing it. There are so many people that God puts in our path; we need to always remember to make an impact whatever we do & wherever we go & to ask ourselves “do we resemble our father when we do?”
The opportunities are endless. God chooses us for certain things and the countless list I wrote this evening is beyond me as to why He would have picked me for some of them…We aren’t always lucky enough to see the harvest of some of our encounters, but I guess we will find out one day, for now, I feel honored that He used me to speak to Sonshine. I feel honored that He picked me for things I wouldn’t have put myself up for. I’m thankful He placed certain people in my life to speak to me in ways that they may not even know effect me. When someone touches me I try to let them know, because I want them to experience a blessing for blessing me. 
Today has made me sit & reflect on the past 2 & ½ yrs & I am SO blessed.  
God has restored me from a divorce.
He built trust back up in me that I never thought I’d get back.
He loved me for me.
He showed me how to be happy & content on my own.
He showed me that I am beautiful…just the way He made me.
He taught me to love.
He showed me its OK to encourage others.
He taught me how to confront instead of be a stuffer when it comes to feelings or problems.
He taught me how to say no.
He taught me how to respond, not react to people.
He taught me (and is still teaching me) how to rest, how to be patient & how to stop trying to control the situation.
He taught me to be a Godly woman.
He taught me to be like Him.

There is so much more that He has instilled in me & I am still learning & growing but it’s enlightening to look back at how far I’ve come. I know I’m not who He made me to be, but I’m not who I was either. I think I will only fully become who He made me to be once I reach heaven because I intend to keep on growing & reaching for more. I will never have a destination when it comes to growth in Christ. Just a full-blown, around the world journey to new & different places in life!! I can’t wait to see where the Lord takes me!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Sorry it didn't work out for a visit in STX, but I'm so glad you were there for your friend today! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete