Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Shared prayer

I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog lately but I wanted to share this prayer with you. It's from my good friend & client, Wendy Blights blog. I read it today and it is so beautiful that I wanted to share it with everybody here. Enjoy


Today, Lord, I dedicate my heart, body, and mind as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to You. Father, let this be my spiritual act of worship to You. And, Lord, I do this not in my own strength but in the strength of Your Holy Spirit. You bought me with a price...the preciousness of your blood. You made me Your very own. Help me to honor and glorify You. I rejoice because You delivered me out of darkness and death and promised to love me with an everlasting love.

Thank You that no matter what my circumstances look like today, You have a purpose for my life. You have given me gifts and talents to honor and glorify You. Help me discover and develop these, Lord. Help me to use them to let my light so shine before men that they may see You in me...not for my honor...but for the honor, praise, and glory of Your name. Help me to lovingly express TRUTH in whatever I say and do. No matter what I do in word or in deed, help me to do it all in Your name. Help me to work at whatever I do as if I was doing it unto You and not men.

Father, thank You for loving me, forgiving, saving me, redeeming me, and filling me. I give myself to You this day. Fill me full and use me for Your Kingdom work. Lift my eyes off myself and open them to see where I can be Your hands and feet. I ask all this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ, my LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment