Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tithing!


I learned to tithe about 8 months after I first became a Christian 2 yrs ago. I didn’t realize how important it was until my Pastor did a sermon on it, after all, I was a new Christian and had a lot to learn!
I was eager to do what Pastor explained, but I didn’t have a whole lot of money at the time. $20 a week was all I could do. So that’s what I did! Throughout the following couple of months God really worked in my life. Each time I felt like He wanted me to up the amount, I did. I wasn’t quite sure how I would pay for everything, but some how each month was covered.
I finally got to the point of tithing a full 10% and when I looked back I realized just HOW MUCH He had blessed me!!! This year I felt like He was telling me to bump it up again. Which was over 6x more than what I started with in 2009. (And I’m not saying this to brag, I’m saying this to show you that you can’t out give God! He will always supply your needs!) Even though I KNOW He is faithful and always covers me, it’s still a nerve racking thing!

God pours out the most blessings when you are obedient to Him and I have experienced it first hand. My friend, if you are not tithing, you are truly missing out.
Start today! Your amount may be small, but God will honor that. After all, what you have, He gave you to begin with, the least you can do is give him back a dime of each $1 you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment