Sunday, February 6, 2011

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength. NEHEMIAH 8:10


I am having one of the hardest times I have had in a long time. I was obedient to the Lord on something He has been asking me to do for a long time, but I haven’t done it because I didn’t want to. Through the fast I kept asking God to speak to me, and to open my ears to listen then He clearly said to me “I have been speaking to you, you’re just not listening”  I knew then, that I needed to be obedient in looking for a home for my dogs. This may not seem like a big deal to some of you. But they have been in my life for 7 years and I love them like kids, and yes they are my responsibility. So therefore It is my responsibility to look for someone that would better look after them than I could. It’s like a mother giving a child up for adoption because she knows that she couldn’t give the child the life that it needs and another family would take great joy in raising a child and giving it everything it needs…same with my dogs, I don’t want to give them away, but it’s selfish of me to keep them when I cant provide what they need.
Being obedient in the Lord is something I have easily been able to do in finances, but not in other areas of my life. The Lord has been teaching and testing me lately and I am learning to be obedient when He calls me to be. It’s hard, especially when the people closest to you, that don’t know the Lord, don’t understand.
I know the enemy is trying to steal my joy because I just hit a new level in my relationship with Christ through this fast…I even emailed my outreach team about guarding ourselves because satan will try to sabotage and destroy us right at the peak of the mountain… I know he will use strategies that he has never used before to get me…and today he got me good. I didn’t realize he would use the people closest to me that I care about the most.
But I am going to keep my eyes on Jesus and remember that He has called me to battle in HIS name so I will put on my armor as Ephesians 6 says…
The Armor of God
 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

When we are called to live as Christ’s servant, He will prepare us in ways that call us to give up things. He prunes you, not to be hurtful or to cause you pain, but so that you may become more fruitful.
John 15:2 says 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
We may not quite understand why or what for, but He has a purpose for it all. Whether it is a dog, a person, a materialistic thing, a relationship, an addiction or something else. He wants to be put first In your life and when we hang on to things more than we hang on to Him, we are no longer submitting our lives to Him.
You will always get criticized by somebody, no matter what your choices. Not everybody will agree with things you do. But as long as you have peace in your heart that the Lord is happy with you, then that’s what counts. HE is the authority of my life, HE has the final say, HE is my source of approval. Not people. Yes we are called to love one another, to agree wholeheartedly, mind and soul with one another, to live without arguing and to honor one another. But it doesn’t mean to say you have to agree with something when it goes against the Lords word. His is the final word and if you are in line with that, then let the sense of peace and contentment flood your heart, knowing that you have done as He has asked. Just because we don't understand, doesn't mean we shouldn't obey... Because HE said so, is enough, that's all we need, to take the first step.  God blesses obedience whether we understand it or not! Don't let the swagger jackers steal your joy! 
 Pastor Steven said it best... just because I don't understand how my car works, doesn't stop me from working it! Just because you don't understand why God asks you to do something, doesn't stop you from doing it!!  WORK IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment