Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My page 23 vision!

On Feb 20th at 2:02pm I had my “page 23 vision”
I was on my way home from Church after hearing an amazing sermon by Pastor Perry Noble. First off, he cracks me up…I don’t think I’ve laughed that much in ages! My cheekbones hurt! Second… He put forth some really great questions that we should be asking God.
First question was  “Who is God”
I asked “God, who are you?” in the passage I was reading this morning, in Luke 10, He answered that He is my protector & my provider.
The Lord will be my protector until the He places someone in my life that is worthy of my heart & that resembles Him enough to hand it over! Until then, He will be all I need, ALL the time! Jesus provides for me in ways that no one else can. I trust Him 100% and know that He will come through with whatever it is that I need or ask for. But if He doesn’t, it’s because He has something better in mind!

The second question Pastor Perry asked was
“What would you do for God, if you knew you couldn’t fail?”
This one I asked on my drive home… this one… He answered clear as day. So much though that it scared the living day lights out of me!
I got to Starbucks where I was meeting a friend & the first thing she said was “What’s that big smile on your face for!?” and I couldn’t wait to sit down and tell her all about it…but first, I had to get my coffee! ;)

She dropped everything that she was doing to help me jot down ideas…It was just flowing, we were both typing & talking and bouncing ideas off each other. It was amazing how easily it came…that’s how I knew it wasn’t MY idea… it was HIS.
It amazes me how God places the right people, at the right time in our lives! My Pastor said a while back
“You can tell the work God is about to do in your life by the equipment (people) he brings around you”
He has put some major heavy duty machinery around me lately! And that is both encouraging, yet intimidating! I know I have the people around me to get done what needs to get done… But I’m intimidated because I have absolutely NO idea how this is going to work… once again, you know it’s from God when you don’t know all the details! He won’t show you every little thing all at once. He is my guide sitting in the passenger seat telling me which turn to take next, not my map of directions showing me every detail of the journey.

This morning I woke up and thought to myself  “Do I really want to do this!?...I don’t think I can!”

Yes, yes I do… because I’d be a coward if I don’t!!! God is about to blow my mind with something that He is asking me to do…WHY would I miss out on an opportunity like that!?

He says in Genesis 28:15
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

I trust Him, I know He will provide, because it is His vision…He promised me this & with Him, I can do it. I can’t pull this off myself but I’m willing to step up and do what He has asked me to do.

Who is God to you? What would you do for Him if you knew you couldn’t fail? What is He prompting you to do? Are you gonna be a coward or step up and be obedient? It’s your choice! I know which one I’m choosing :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! can't wait to find out what it is!!! I'm SO excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete