Thursday, February 17, 2011

To really KNOW Jesus...not just KNOW OF Him


During the 5-11 favor fast that we did as a Church, I felt as close to the Lord than I have ever felt. I wish I could experience that closeness & sensitivity to His presence every day! Throughout the next couple of blogs I am going to share some of the things I jotted down during that time! Hope the Lord speaks to you in some way through it!

Through this fast I am feeling very close to God. I am experiencing how to have Him as my sole source for fulfillment. I have joy & happiness in Him. My soul is full, content & satisfied… my physical needs, on the other hand… are not! It’s hard feeling the constant hunger pangs, but each time that my stomach grumbles… I thank God for something that He has done in my life over the past 2 and ½ yrs of knowing Him. I have been abundantly blessed beyond what I could ever imagine! I am so very thankful for all that the Lord has done in my life. It’s a mind blowing this to feel content in the Lord, there is nothing more that I would want for anyone than to know this feeling. The feeling of being whole, complete, fulfilled, content. Nothing but knowing Jesus gives me this feeling!
I pray for people that not only don’t know Jesus at all, but also for those that know OF Him, but don’t have that healing, restoring, loving, serving, submitting relationship with the Lord. If you are one of those, I encourage you to pray and ask Jesus to come into your life. Open your heart so that He may do the work in you that you so desire. You may have grown up in a Christian household and feel like you are a “Christian” but still may not intimately know Him & embrace Him for who He is and what He can do in your life! He wants to KNOW you, personally.

I was the very last person that you would ever expect to be a Christian. I went through quite possibly the worst thing a person could go through and yet at that point, He found me, He heard my cry, He carried me through that time, out of the pit to the top of a mountain! & I am FOREVER grateful.

Deuteronomy 31:8  “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

That is such a comforting thought to know that he will ALWAYS go before me, I won’t be on my own and He will NEVER leave me. So I have no reason to be afraid, no matter how daunting the situation looks, or how unhappy I am feeling. Just to know that he is with me & will help me succeed in ANYTHING is enough for me to feel peaceful & place ALL my trust in Him.

Genesis 39:3 
“When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did”

The Lord promises to get us through whatever it is that we are going through, if we lean on Him. He will direct our paths.

Genesis 28:15 
“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Whatever it is that you are struggling with, whether it’s something specific or just life un general. Put your faith in Him & let Jesus guide you.
We all carry so much unnecessary rubbish around. We don’t need to carry this weight, that’s what Jesus died for. Give it to Him! If you don’t know how, just pray and ask!

John 14:14 
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”

Get in the word & read!
When I first became a Christian, I wasn’t into reading & I especially wasn’t into reading the Bible! I didn’t think a book so old, written by a bunch of different prophets could relate to my life now… boy was I wrong! That is the first place I go in the morning to gain insight, wisdom & guidance. The Bible was written as a life reference to show us how life is supposed to be lived. When you start getting in line with how Christ lived, your life all of a sudden becomes fulfilling. I look back before I knew Christ and wondered what on earth I did with my life those 26 yrs! These last 2 ½ yrs have been THE MOST fulfilling & productive. I have grown and done more in those yrs than I did the first 26 yrs!

Revolve your life around Jesus… & see what He does

No comments:

Post a Comment