Friday, February 18, 2011

Be patient & trust God

I asked God  a question this morning during my prayer time and asked Him to speak to me through His word today…already I have 2 answers.
I found a note card with a verse that said

Mark 9:23
ALL things are possible to him who believes.

And then I turned in my Bible and there was a verse underlined that caught my eye
Romans 5:21
He was fully convinced that God is able to do what ever He promises.
Romans 4:18
Even when there is no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping.

It made me realize that I need to look to Jesus, obey Him & wait for God to fulfill His word.
The Lord has been teaching me patience. I struggle with persevering in the face of delay without getting irritated… I’m impatient, I don’t like to wait. I’m not very good at the patience testing. Once I set my mind on something, I want to do it right away.
 Sometimes the Lord withholds information from us for that reason. So that we don’t get ahead of ourselves and allow Him to be the guide. Other times He gives you a glimpse of what it will look like, but wants you to be patient. If He hasn’t given you all the details yet & you move forward without Him, it could be destructive.

My biggest struggle is patience, as I said. I ask the Lord to teach me, KNOWING that my toughest day is ahead of me. Because, without fail, when I ask for patience, He puts me in situations that put me to the test!
So, do I choose to rush ahead and do what I want without Him? Or do I learn to stand strong in Him, waiting calmly & willingly, not chomping on the bit like a horse raring to go!!!
Over the past couple months He has taught me that not everything is in my time…I KNEW that, I just didn’t fully grasp it. Looking back on my journal entries over the past couple of yrs I noticed God ALWAYS gave me what I asked for. Maybe not in my time, but His time was always perfect. It also may not be given to me the way I asked for it… but it was always better.
He knows our hearts, He knows what we want, He put those desires there!
Whether it’s wanting
A new job
A fulfilling job
A child
A husband or wife
To be successful
To be who that man or woman of God He made you to be
Whatever it is, He will do it for you if you ask.
When I first moved to CLT, I didn’t know many people, I left my friends in England and Philly along with my family… my mum & step dad moved to CLT a yr or so after I did so that was comforting…but I still didn’t have the friends that I used to have and felt very lonely.
I would always pray that God would send me some great friends… and He gave me the best friends I could ask for & the best Church family I could've never even dreamed up myself!!!
Pastor Steven says
“You can always tell what kind of work the Lord is getting ready to do in your life by the equipment (people) He puts around you”
My friends challenge me daily, they fight for me, love me, pray for me, stand by me, push me, speak truth to me and most of all they help me grow into the woman God intended me to be. For that, I am grateful.
He has given me the most fulfilling job. I am so blessed to get to work in the field that's one of my passions. Next to outreach, I love to cut hair!! I am not a girly girl so it’s kind of strange that I ended up in this industry. I grew up with 2 older brothers so they didn’t exactly set an example and put me on the path in this direction! :)
I’m still not really into all that but I do love to design cuts on people and I do love to make people feel good. I’m fortunate enough to get to do what I do, be successful & enjoy every minute of it. My chair is also a great ministry. God gave me a gift & I don’t intend to waste it. I thank Him all the time for allowing me to be able to do what I do.
I wouldn’t be where I am if it wasn’t for Him.
HE gave me the gift
HE gave me this job
HE allows me to be successful
How can I not trust that He will give me what my heart desires after what I’ve seen Him do in my past!?!?!

PAST BEHAVIOR IS THE BEST PREDICTOR OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR

What has God done in your past for you to be able to know & trust Him to be faithful to you in the future?

Be patient...TRUST HIM… you have no reason not to

No comments:

Post a Comment