Monday, January 10, 2011

Do you respond with Head-Faith or react Heart-Doubt??

Today I was reading day 29 of JESUS by Beth Moore and she talked about the battle that all of us struggle with at some point in our lives... "Head-faith" & "Heart-doubt"

I have experienced Gods works, heard testimonies of His intervening power & still sometimes I have doubt, not necessarily because He didn't do something for me though... because when He doesn't do something that I want so deeply, doesn't mean He doesn't exist or has better things to be doing, it's usually because there is a reason & His timing is not mine, but it's always better!
Although, I do wonder why He doesn't heal my small physical pains when He can raise people from the dead & make the sun stand still, or why He doesn't take away the feelings I have for someone I know is not right for me, when He can wipe away someone else's addiction. But if He did...what else would show my need for Him? because these things that I ask that He heal or take away, make me seek Him more.
That's the hard part... It's one thing to know with our heads, but telling our hearts is a different matter! We still have feelings, emotions & hurts in our hearts, we may know in our head what is true, but our heart tells us something different...that is called "Heart-doubt"
Beth talks about us needing to have HEAD-FAITH... We cannot be "a reed swayed by the wind" (Luke 7:24) or as James 1:6 says "be people of faith, not like the surging sea driven & tossed by the wind" We, as humans, tend to be led by our emotions, by what we are feeling at that current time.

Heart-doubt for me is the hardest to over come. It is such a HUGE battle for me to respond with head-faith & not react with heart-doubt. It's hard for me to over ride my feelings with what I know in my head.
I have to remind myself that Christ died for us to over ride our feelings... I am weak, but He is strong & Philippians 4:13 says

 "I can do ALL things through Christ, who gives me the strength I need."

We need to wrestle with the heart & not give in. Don't roll over & submit to it! We have Jesus fighting the battle with us... with Him & God's word, we can over come ANYTHING!!!

We cannot let our emotions power over our minds, when we stand strong & don't surrender to our hearts, emotions & feelings, we make it to the next level in our faith.
As my Pastor, Steven Furtick often tells us...

"Opposition gets harder each level we move up"

 & the enemy knows to work on our heart strings, because it's a humans weak spot. So shield your heart with God's word so that when the enemy attacks, you don't fall captive to your heart, that you may rise above, with Jesus, with what you know to be true in your head!
But... prepare & protect your heart for the next level, the opposition will bring new & more difficult tactics!
How will YOU deal with it?... will you RESPOND with HEAD FAITH or REACT with HEART DOUBT???

No comments:

Post a Comment