Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Learn to suffer well


When you are certain of your eternal destiny, you know what really counts & you aren’t afraid of any situation, even death.
Paul wrote in Philippians 1 that dying would be better than living.

Phil 1:21 “For me, living means living for Christ, dying is even better”

He doesn’t say this because he is a psycho that wants to die. He says it because dying means he would be removed from all the worldly troubles & get to see Jesus face to face. But if he lives, He gets to do the good work of Christ, so he is torn as to which is really better.

If you’re not ready to die, then you’re not ready to Live.

He doesn’t want us to walk around afraid of anything ever happening to us, if it does, then we should count it as a privilege.
When we suffer deeply, God will use us.
If we get in an accident, God will use it to bring us closer to Him.
If you go through a divorce, God will restore you & then use you to minister to others, who struggled with the same thing.
If a loved one dies, God will use you as an example to others, of how to suffer well. In Him!
If you are unhappy & going through a difficult time in your life, place your faith in Jesus. He died so that we shouldn’t have to carry around such heavy burdens. We tend to carry around so much heavy baggage that isn’t ours to carry. That makes his death on the cross worthless! Place whatever it is you are holding on to, carrying around, struggling with, at Jesus’ feet. Give it to Him, lean on Him. He paid that price for you. That is when we will be free to really live the way God wants us to live.

Mark Driscoll said “In order for God to use us greatly, we must first be wounded deeply”

Suffering has it’s benefits –
*It makes us like Christ… He suffered for us

*It takes our eyes off earthly comforts … We know we can’t put our trust in or build our foundation on unstable earthly things.

*It weeds out the superficial believers… Those who don’t lean on Christ during suffering, use other things as a crutch (sometimes we all do that to some degree)

*It strengthens the faith of those who endure… being refined like a diamond.

*It serves as an example to others who may follow us...that God is our craftsman

Don’t resent suffering and let it tear you down. Stand strong, for a diamond endures extreme heat & pressure, but comes out beautiful and sparkling on the other side. You will too, with a stronger faith than you ever imagined possible.
Learn to suffer well.

Some of my favorite quotes from my Pastor, Steven Furtick, & The Bible that encourage me during times of suffering & struggle.

“Believe that God CAN & WILL, but TRUST if He doesn’t” PSF

“There is more IN me than what’s AROUND me” PSF

“I WILL be all that God made me to be” PSF

“My greatest weakness, is God’s greatest opportunity” PSF

“My joy Is not determined by what happens TO me, but what Christ is doing IN me & THROUGH me” PSF

“God will put more on you than you can bear, because He wants you to depend on Him” PSF

“The process is what we go through, to receive the gift.” PSF

“Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice!” Phil 4:4

“Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for what He has done. Then you will experience Gods peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts & minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

 “Not hat I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.” Phil 4:11-12

“I can do ALL things through Christ, who give me the strength I need” Phil 4:13

“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.” Phil 4:23

Be joyful today!!!! Whatever you are going through, someone else has it worse… and it’s not that bad in light of the bigger story.

1 comment: