Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Be Still and Know

Be still and know...

Lately I have felt overwhelmed, as I have shared in previous emails.
The cool thing about being a Christian is listening to God.
In fact 3 different times today, from 3 different sources, I have read the words "Be still and know that I am God, cease striving, I will give you rest."

To me that's a pretty clear message.

God knows our thoughts, He knows our hearts and He knows our spirits.
It's times like these when I realize that. Because His message to me today was exactly the perfect answer to bring peace to my soul in the midst of all the jumbled up thoughts I'd been having about how to do... and what to do... and how it will work out... and what if it doesn't work out... and how I can... or when I can...
All these things are good to think about, until they bring restlessness to your soul. Then it's time to put those thoughts down for a while.
I was in need of being reminded of that and wanted to share incase you were too!!

Some people don't believe God speaks to them, I am one who fully believes He does.

God speaks to His people, always has and always will. We were His creation, created for Him!
If you read the Old Testament, God spoke to His people and commanded them to do certain things. Adam to name the animals, Noah to build a boat, He spoke to Moses in a burning bush, and He promised Abraham a son.

In the New Testament, God also spoke to people, through Jesus.

And in life today, God still speaks to us, through the Holy Spirit.

It may not be in a loud audible voice, but it can be through Gods word, which then makes a connection in your spirit. It can be an impression on our hearts, a thought in our mind, some words spoken by a person and then confirmed by another. It can be some words read in a book or devotion that spark an idea or a thought. It can even be through music or nature; a sunset, a view, mountains, or in seeing the intricacy of His work.

God has many ways in communicating with His creation. So when you feel an impression on your heart or spirit, listen, walk it out, and see what comes of it!
And sometimes... the impression is telling us to just be still...and know.

I went to “Openbible.com” and looked for verses on Hearing God.

There are sooooo many so I will share just 10!

John 10:27 ESV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Romans 10:17 ESV
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Jeremiah 33:3 ESV
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

John 8:47 ESV
Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Isaiah 30:21 ESV
And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

John 16:13 ESV
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 14:16-17 ESV
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

John 6:63 ESV
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Psalm 32:8-9 ESV
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.

SOUL 139 PO Box 470252 Charlotte, NC 28247 USA
Unsubscribe
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment