Monday, October 24, 2016

I've been here a month...

I've been here a month...

I've been in Guatemala a month now, time flies!!! It's been a whirlwind and I still don't feel like I have much of a routine, maybe never will here! Every week is different, every DAY is so different!! I never know what I'll be doing or when... and for all who know how much of a planner I am, know that's a real struggle for me!! Haha...But, I welcome the change!


I finally got to see Dani, Gustavo, Elias and Benjamin yesterday! I have been to Casa to cut hair 4-5 times, but the boys and girls are separated and I hadn't gotten to see any of the boys until I went to church there yesterday. Casa has their graduation soon so I'll be heading over there to cut hair for the boys before they graduate & possibly do some updos for the girls again! Last year I was here for graduation and did some of the girls hair. I had to get started at 3am... I'm hoping this year won't be the same, who knows!!

Thursday I am going to go to cut hair at Life Ministries Church for some of the women there.
We have started a sub-fund under SOUL 139 to raise money for this local church here in Guatemala too. They operate out of an unfinished church building so they are in desperate need of funds to finish. They don't have toilets and some of the walls are even unfinished. They don't let that stop them and they still have Church every week! But Cissy and Rick Parker wanted to be able to help them, so we will be raising funds to help them get the Church finished!
Here is the link to their page if you are interested in giving to that:

www.crowdrise.com/ministerios-vida-life-ministries

Thanks for reading and I will continue to keep you all involved in the adventures of living in Guatemala!!!
SOUL 139 PO Box 470252 Charlotte, NC 28247 USA
Unsubscribe
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment