Friday, August 5, 2011

He sees you... even when you don't see Him

Today I was telling the story of my trip to Guatemala to one of my clients. I got to a part that I had told about a squillien times, but God really spoke to me this time.
It was when our team had woken up early to walk the kids to school. We waited outside their dorm at 7am for them to come out. Kristi & I waited a little further up by the bridge to say good morning to the girls who were coming down from a different area. I saw the boys come out of their dorm and each one made their way over to the team member they had made a connection with. I saw David (the boy that I am sponsoring) before he saw me. I stood and watched as he looked for me in the crowd & when he didn’t see me, he put his head down and walked on as though he was disappointed… I stood there with a huge grin on my face because I could see him the whole time & I knew he thought I didn’t come out to see him…when he walked past me with his head down I pushed him. He looked up, saw me, let out a loud “ahhhhh” and gave me a huge hug! That moment made my day…actually my week! 
Today when I told that story, it made me think that’s what happens with God & us.
We are hopeful for something, we think he is going to come through in a certain way…and he doesn’t. We get disappointed thinking He’s forgotten about us & then he totally surprises us with His greatness in another way!!!! And it’s always so much better than we had imagined!
Friend, God hasn’t forgotten about you. He is still there even when you don’t see him. He is watching from afar to see how you will react to the situation He has placed you in before He makes his presence known.
God hasn’t forgotten what it is that you’re asking for either, if He knows YOU, he certainly knows what your heart desires…He is watching you with a huge smile on His face because He knows He’s there. He knows what’s in store for you!!!! Stay hopeful, even when you don’t see him… He sees you.

Live by faith, not by sight ~Pastor Steven Furtick

No comments:

Post a Comment