Sunday, July 31, 2011

Inner or outer loop?

As I was driving yesterday, I was trying to think of which way I needed to go when I got onto the 485 loop that extends around the city of CLT. See, the signage changes depending on your location on the loop. Sometimes it will say North or South, East or West, other times it will say Inner or Outer. So you really have to know where you are, in order to figure out which way you are going.

It occurred to me that it’s the same way in our relationship with God. It’s about perspective. You have to understand where God has placed you, to know where He wants you to go.

Do you understand & appreciate where God has placed you? Or are you asking the question “Why am I where I am? “
What is my purpose in this job? In this city? In this friendship? In this Church?

Friend, WE make mistakes, but HE doesn’t. He has placed you there for a specific reason. He knew your decision before you made it. He has already worked it out for your good.
Sometimes we have to step away from the picture in order to see what’s inside the frame.
Other people may look at our lives, see the beautiful picture and envy us, while we are sitting there thinking ”what in the world am I doing HERE?”
You may think you are wasting time, in the wrong place or think you got on the outer loop when you needed to be on the inner loop!  God has a purpose for having you right where you are. He will use this time to prepare you for where you are going.  You just have to know WHERE you are, to get WHERE you’re going.

Where are you? What is God trying to teach you in this season of life? What is He speaking to you that you’re not quite getting because you are so focused on thinking you are in the wrong place?
You need to sit and take a look at all the scenery that God has put around you during this time in your life.

Today I sat and wrote down some blessings that God has placed around me…we all have them, we just need to open our eyes to see & appreciate them.
My life may not seem glamorous to some people, and to others it might…all I know is I am right where God meant for me to be & that I am so thankful for the life that I get to live.
I get to work in the best salon in Charlotte, with some amazingly fun people. I get to go to THE best Church IN-THE-WORLD, where I met my most incredible friends who have become like family. I have the most caring & thoughtful mum & a step dad that I call dad, because he is every essence of the word. I get to travel to Central America on mission trips & to London to visit family.

Sometimes we don’t realize how good we have it until we step back & look at it from a different perspective. When you start looking at your life from different view, you start to appreciate it. When you start to appreciate it, you start to realize that where you are may not be the wrong place after all. You realize that even if you were on the outer loop & needed to be on the inner loop, that you can still get where God intended you to be, you just had to go about it a different way than maybe YOU had originally intended.

God has you where he wants you & although it seems as though you are going the wrong way on the loop, he has a purpose for taking you that way around.
If you never went that way, you would never know what was there…maybe He wants you to know what’s there, so you can help someone else get to their destination while you are on your way to yours.


Proverbs 3:6
Seek Him in all you do & He will direct your paths

No comments:

Post a Comment