Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Soul 139


WOW… I don’t even know where to start. What an incredible day Sunday 24th July 2011 was …the first day of Soul 139.
I have been planning this since God laid the vision on my heart 5 months ago. I am still in the process of filling out papers to apply for non profit status & trying to lay the foundation, but I didn't want to let that stop me from moving. I decided to have a "Demo day" & Sunday I got the privilege of doing hair for some people from hope haven & Jackson Park.
I couldn’t believe the day actually happened. God has orchestrated this perfectly from the get go. The whole journey has pushed me out of my comfort zone in numerous ways. But that is where God grows me the most. Each time I’m obedient, as scary as it is, He blesses me beyond words. I had the privilege to pray with these people, to lift them up to Jesus & ask His blessing over them. I had the opportunity to create a style & to honor them in a way that has not been done in a long time, if ever for some of them. We had men, women & kids! It was a great day.  The neighbors were SO appreciative for everything that took place.
I am so grateful for the amazing people God has placed in my life to be able to make SOUL 139 what it is. Without them, that day would not have been possible or as special as it was.
I want to take a moment to thank each of them for all they did…Thank you to
~ Maximized living Dr, Dr Matthew McAlees from Carolina Chiropractic who taught our neighbors how to live a maximized life!
~ Brooke Thomas of bthealthsource.com who made the scrumptious healthy black bean brownies & also helped with nails.
~ Cara Hyde, for helping prepare food & talking with neighbors.
~ Andy Brooks, for making the caprese salad & talking with neighbors.
~ Tony Godfrey f,or the awesome massage, that they LOVED.
~ LD Akers for photography…can’t wait to see all the pics.
~ Tina Shaw for taking time to chat with neighbors & make them feel comfortable
~ Adam & Karen Rummel, for shooting video, talking with neighbors & helping with nails.
~ Heidi McClure & Brittany McClure for nails & the use of the camera… plus Thank you to Logan McClure who is skillfully editing the video!!!
~ Kristin Clark for nails & support
~ Sonshine Watkins, Eric McPhaul, Daniel Pesirithes & Tanya Brown for doing hair…you all did an amazing job .
~ Kristi DeMeritte, for being my “Chunks Corbett”, Prayer warrior & constant support
 Krystal & James McLean, Dominick Thompson, Kinte Clark, Howard Hollins, Gayle Hollins for your support.

I plan to have a tumblr site up soon with more photos & video of the day! I hope you will go check it out to see what went on. I am also planning to have the next Soul 139 day on Sept 25th (not set in stone) If you’d like to be involved in the next one please email me at soul139mog@gmail.com

Also check out our FB page & please “LIKE” it!!!

Thanks so much

No comments:

Post a Comment