Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Course Adjustment

I was reading a book called 'God is more than enough' this morning and came across this story...I thought it was a great illustration and wanted to share it with you! so here it is...

A car I once owned had a navigational system that for a long time I never used. It was just too much like a computer (in fact it WAS a computer) and people who know mw know that I'm not into computer stuff. So I was stubbornly continuing to find my own way everywhere.
Then one day my son set the system up for me, and punched in where I needed to go that day. He set it all up, and told me the computer would talk to me and tell me where to turn and where to go. So I thought I'd give it a try.
The first thing it told me to do was to back out from my garage. I was shocked. Then it told me how far to continue down the alley to get out onto the street. Step by step it continued giving me every turn to make and the distance for every part of the route, and very soon I was cruising down the freeway. This thing was guiding me all the way, and I was resting. All I had to do was listen to the still small voice of the computer, and it would get me somewhere. The computer had already scoped out the big picture, and it was applying that knowledge to my direction. It was leading me in the paths that were right.
As I drove along I thought, This thing is starting to get fun! Then, as I continued down the freeway, I decided I would check the computer. When the computer told me to get off at the next exit, I kept going. Immediately after I drove past the exit, the computer screen went blank. It totally shut down. I had beaten the system!!
But suddenly the computer popped back on, all by itself, and let me know I would have to take an alternate route. The computer rerouted me. Even though I'd been disobedient and messed up on the first route, even though I had rebelled and chosen my own path, even though I didn't take the way I was supposed to take originally, the computer adjusted to my situation and kept leading me. The computer found me in my disobedience. It found me in my rebellion and created an alternate route, and still got me to the place I was supposed to go.
The bible calls that Grace. Grace is where God meets you, even when you've messed up. He meets you even when you've failed. He meets you even though you've detoured, and He creates an alternate route and still brings you home...so that He will get the glory. He leads us in the right path, always for His name's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment