Monday, March 7, 2011

What does each of these say about God!?

Today I was doing a prayer study from my good friend, Wendy Blights blog! She asked us to read these verses & write what each verse says about God… It was great to be able to put in to words what I know in my mind. Somehow when I write, it clarifies things for me. I would love to share it with you in hopes that it will encourage you & remind you that God is so good and loves you no matter what!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

God loves us so much that He explains how to live a fulfilling life... that does not include living out our fleshy desires. He created our bodies, He lives in us & He bought us at a high price. We are of intrinsic value to God. So because our bodies are His & were given to us to take care of, He wants what's best for us & so we should honor that! He has explained clearly how to do that and it breaks my heart when I see teenage girls, or even adults for that matter, who sell themselves short by trying to impress boys/men with provocative clothing. Girls you are worth so much more than you think. If any man is worth being with, he would encourage you to wear appropriate clothing out in public. Any man that doesn’t, isn’t worth giving the time of day! If he’s not looking at your eyes…run! Believe me, I have been down that rd & it doesn’t lead anywhere good. The famous line that all mums say “If I knew then what I know now… I would do things so differently!” But you live & you learn. Do not settle!!! Honor God by waiting for the one that honors you! 

Psalm 139:1-4
1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. 
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; 
   you are familiar with all my ways. 
4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.

I love that God already knows! He knows my every thought, my every movement, He knows my thoughts before I know them! He knows every situation in my life that is going to happen & how I am going to handle it. He knows what decisions I am going to make before I even make them. You can never surprise God!

John 14:7
7 If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

He is everywhere & available to everyone!

Hebrews 13:8
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

That’s comforting to know that Jesus will never change! I can trust Him because  He is consistent! Not always predictable, but consistent & reliable!

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God is strong & nothing can separate us from Him. When we are truly saved  we can’t lose that. We can fall away but He will always pursue us! I am SO grateful when He does!! I never want to be without the Lord. I am nothing without Him. He has built me into the person I am today & will continue to grow me to the person He made me to be!


Colossians 1:15-17
 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Because God created us for him, He loves us!!! He loves when we praise & worship Him – He wants to pour out his blessings over us! He can’t do that when we don’t acknowledge what we are put on this earth for, to worship Him & advance HIS kingdom, not our own!
I love the last line “And in Him all things hold together”
When we want what God wants, for the reason God wants it, we are unstoppable! He will hold every plan, idea, vision, friendship, relationship, job, position, situation together when we are In His will!

James 1:5
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

He is such a good, gracious God! He will give all His love & blessings freely. He just wants us to ask Him. Not because he NEEDS us to, but for us to acknowledge in our own minds that we can only get true wisdom from Him, not on our own.

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

I’m so thankful that when we confess our sins that He is so gracious to forgive us! We are human, we always fall short & make mistakes in some area of our lives. But He will show us those sins one by one and slowly work them out of us. He will refine us so that we may become more and more like Him everyday!

I end with this…

Joshua 1:7-9 

 7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment