Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My answer is "Yes Lord!"

When God asks you something, your response should always be “Yes Lord”
Do you trust me? …Yes Lord
Do you believe me? … Yes Lord
Will you obey me? …Yes Lord
Does your life revolve around me? … Yes Lord
Do you surrender all? …Yes Lord

All of these become difficult at some point in our lives depending on the situation… but the first two are quite often the hardest for me… I say I trust God, but my actions don’t always show that I trust Him… I am like the annoying kid in the back seat that says “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” the whole journey! When am I going to just enjoy the ride? Some days …I do…other days I try to take the situation into my own hands and move it along the way I want it. It doesn’t work that way! When I say I trust God, I should rest in His love & know that He has me right where He wants me…I’m supposed to be where I am, even if I feel like I’m not.
So if I trust Him, I trust that He knows where I am going. He has gone before me & has seen every circumstance that lies ahead. He has allowed it because He knows that He will give me everything I need to succeed & to have victory in that situation. I just need to seek Him & I will find it.

The second one…do I believe Him?… that’s tough only because I never know when I truly hear Him… I’m 90% sure, 50% of the time! If I KNEW it was Him… of course I’d believe Him…but when I’m not sure whether it’s a word from God, a seed of distraction planted by satan…or even just my own silly idea, it’s hard to say “I believe you”. That’s when we get preconceived notions, then when things don’t go the way we thought, we blame God. “I thought ‘God’ told me this… why didn’t He come through like He said He would?” During this time is when you should run as hard & fast as you can towards Jesus…

The majority of the time I am pretty secure & very content. I love my life, I have all I need, I am growing & being challenged, I get to spread the gospel, I am fortunate & blessed… so why do I get so antsy?
I ask God to show me a glimpse of what He is doing in my life, where He is leading me so that I am able to see His work…and when He shows me a small piece of the puzzle, I get impatient & want the whole thing. It’s probably best that He not show me anything, that way I have nothing to run with! But then I’d complain that He’s not listening to me :) God can’t win no matter what He does according to our human ways!
Thank goodness His ways are not ours!!! It would be exhausting!

Let this scripture wash over you & cover you with peace. Rest your soul in Him, knowing that He’s got you, He won’t leave you & He loves you…Whatever it is that you are going through, He has you there for a purpose… be content with where you are.

Phil 4:11-13
  11Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
    12I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.
    13I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

Here are some encouraging verses to remind you to come to God in prayer & ask Him what it is that you desire… most importantly, ask for your heart to desire what He desires.

Matthew 7:7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”
Matthew 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Matthew 18:19  "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Matthew 21:22  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Luke 11:9 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

John 14:13  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

John 16:23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

1 John 3:22 And receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

No comments:

Post a Comment