Monday, May 28, 2012

My competency is in Him

Abram was 100 & Sarah was 90. God promised them a son...people around them probably thought they were crazy and would most likely tell them "God doesn't work like that...that's not realistic"
But God told Abram that He was ALMIGHTY and powerful, that He is God and can do anything... Abram BELIEVED Him and when God came through, it gave Abram the experience to TRUST God and to KNOW God IS almighty and powerful.

God reveals His character to you through scriptures so that you may SEE & BELIEVE who He is so that you can trust Him and step out in faith when He asks YOU to do something. It is then that you will get to EXPERIENCE who He is for yourself and that He will do what He says He will do.

MARK 10:27 “Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking it is impossible; but not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

He reveals his purposes and his plans to you so that you will know what to do. But he doesn't reveal them all at once; or the way you think he would reveal them. If he did, you would no longer need Him.
He wants you to lean on Him to find the way through His plan. It’s HIS plan.
When God asked me to starts SOUL 139 He did not ask "What do you want to do for me!?" He revealed what He was going to do and invited me to be a part.

God will come and speak to you with a purpose in mind...he's not asking you to create some plan...He will tell you what He wants to accomplish and it's your choice to respond to that.

Maybe you have already heard from God, He has told you what He wants to do through you but you are feeling incapable. That is a lie my friend. God would never share with you such an intimate secret of what He wants to accomplish, if He didn’t see the potential in you. He created you. He designed you for this. Protect yourself with scripture when such thoughts occur in your mind.

Satan's Lie: I'm not capable to do this job. I don't have the right gifts. 

God's Truth: Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:5)

Trust that He has you right where He wants you.
He has already equipped you for this job. He will teach you along the way all there is to know for what He is calling you to do. You don’t need to plan it all out ahead of time so that you feel comfortable with where you are going.

In the book “Experiencing God” I read that planning is a good tool, but only when it is motivated by Gods guidance. Our plans often reflect our own priorities and we trust more in our plans than in God.
That blew my mind…because I am a big planner! I plan EVERYTHING! From what time I get up to what I’m going to eat, to what I am doing next week, next month and sometimes 3 years from now. But what about when God wants to interrupt my plans? I reject it because it does not fit in with MY plans, I don’t have room, I’m too busy, it won’t work or it was not what I had intended, it was never meant to go this way, right? Wrong… when you have your long-term plans set in stone and know exactly where you’re heading, you no longer have a need for God.

I read a quote: “Be careful not to plan more than God intends for you to do”

Meaning, leave some wiggle room in your schedule for God to rightly interrupt your life with a surprise mission for you.
He will use you HIS WAY to accomplish HIS PURPOSE, not YOUR WAY for YOUR PURPOSE.

When you hit that wall of doubt (Which you will) & wonder, “did God really want me to do this?” Go back to HIM to clarify what He has told you. Do not depend on other people’s opinions. If you feel God has told you something, proceed & watch to see How He confirms. He will confirm Himself through His word. Remember, His ways are not our ways.

Isaiah 55:8 “Your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither your ways my ways”

I wonder what people’s opinions were about Abram & Sarah when they told everyone God told them they would have a baby. All things are possible with God. 
STAND. TRUST. WATCH & SEE

No comments:

Post a Comment