Thursday, May 10, 2012

What makes you weak, is also what makes you powerful


“What makes me weak is also what makes me powerful…”
I’m not sure if I got that line from one of Pastor Stevens sermons or not, but it’s been running around in my head for the past few days.

In life, I tend to strive for perfection and nothing is ever good enough. I get mad at myself for failing or not living up to what I think should have happened. I look too far ahead, over think and scare myself out of situations…
I plan & prepare so much that I leave no room to be available when God wants to use me with something unexpected…& I over think EVERYTHING… to the point that I drive myself insane going around in the same circles.

BUT…
What makes me weak can also make me powerful!

My passion & my need for perfection, my ability to see far ahead, to plan, to over think in detail… all are great things for starting my non-profit (SOUL 139)

To have that passionate drive keeps me going to strive for perfection in how I deliver things. To see the final goal that I want to reach for helps me persevere. To plan ahead and be prepared is what keeps things in order and moving. To think about the small details that most forget about is what makes SOUL 139 what it is…these all can be weaknesses when used in the wrong way, but God instilled them as strengths in me when used the way He intended.

What kind of things do you look at as weaknesses in you?  God wants you to see them as treasured strengths that He placed in you

No comments:

Post a Comment