Monday, June 11, 2012

POTENTIAL


I got a glimpse today of how God must feel when He looks at me sitting in doubt, discouragement & fear; standing in my comfort. Because when I look at people & see the GREATNESS that’s inside of them & then see the place that they live from… I want EVERYTHING in me to grab them by the face & tell them “Look at yourself! Look at how great you really are… you have so much inside of you, EMBRACE IT!!!! Live in it!!!! Walk in it… stop bowing down to fear and letting yourself do meaningless stuff to try and fill that void and just allow Jesus to pour into that hole & make it whole!... “
I think to myself “If only they could see what I see in them…” Then my next thought is… Well God must look at me that way when I think I can’t do something. He knows what He’s placed inside of me, because He created me! Who am I to tell him who I am or am not!? What I can or cannot do!?
Since I have started walking with Jesus, I have allowed others to speak into my potential; I have allowed HIM to be my rock & guide when I feel as though I can’t do something. He did not give me a spirit of fear! He made me to be fearless!!!! My emotions should not control my actions.

Ezra 3:3
“The people who built the alter were afraid of the nations that were around them. But they built it anyway”

…But they built it anyway

That’s a bold statement… They pushed past their fear; they didn’t allow their emotions to control the way they acted. They pushed against what was natural & did the unnatural with the strength of the Lord. He put something in them that if they let go of their fear & keep their focus on HIM, He will use what’s inside of them to accomplish what needs to get done!!!
Our natural tendency is to stay where it’s easy & comfortable… It’s hard to step out of your comfort zone & do something that scares the life out of you…but when you do, God will unlock a place in your heart & free you from a fear that has been holding you back!

Face that fear today, reach inside to grab a hold of that which you didn’t know you had & do what you have never done before…so that God can show you things you’ve never seen before.
You are better than you think you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment