Sunday, March 11, 2012

Being still is where god fills my soul…


God is fuel to my soul. If I'm always running, my tank is eventually going to be on empty, unless I stop, spend time with Him and allow Jesus to refresh my soul as Psalm 23 says that He will.

Psalm 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

It’s taken me some time to realize that the more I am on the run, the more that my tank gets empty, (obvious, you would think!) and then comes the exhaustion, cravings and emptiness… and the more I crave, the more I try to fill those holes with other things that do nothing to satiate that desire... It sometimes takes me to get to the point of exhaustion, where I have no choice but to STOP and realize that nothing but HIM can quench that thirst, fill that void, and give me complete fulfillment.

God is like food to my soul, if I don't spend time with him everyday then I start to get hungry…If I tried to only eat on Monday and wonder why I was tired, had no energy and was hungry by Friday... You would think I was crazy... Same thing goes for God... We can't eat our share of spiritual meat on Sunday and expect it to last the whole week... You will get spiritually hungry.
The two “evil friends” crave and desire (which are not so evil when put in their rightful places) will creep up on you and by the end of the week you're feeling far away from God and trying anything else (but Him) to quench that thirst you have! Lysa TerKeurst says it best in her book Made To Crave
“God gave us the desire to crave Him…and only He can fill it”

Stop running and be still…all the volunteering, nice gestures, good works, people or food will never fill that hole… The cravings you have, were put in you BY God… FOR God…You will continue to run in the same crazy circle until you realize your need for Him. Only then will you stop and allow His presence to be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment