Tuesday, May 10, 2011

God is faithful, believe His promises


Believing God for His promises is sometimes a difficult thing to do.
In Dec 2010 I felt like God was starting to prepare me for a spouse. Didn’t know how, when or who, but I felt like he was strategically placing people in my life to prepare me for that. He was showing me that there ARE Godly men worth waiting for. He was placing Godly relationships & marriages around me that I could watch & learn from. I didn’t know then, and still don’t know now, who that person is. Those are not details I wish to be hung up on.
But since then, God has asked me to give up certain relationships…. which at the time seemed really hard. Now that I look back on it, it wasn’t too bad & it was the best thing for me. (who woulda thought, God knows what He’s doing!?)

God won’t bring the RIGHT person in your life while you are hung up on the WRONG person.

Sometimes I get discouraged and think
“Did God really promise me this?”
“Was it just my own desire?”
“When will be MY time?”
“Am I going to be one of those that he has called to be single?”
“Do I REALLY want a husband?”
“I am happy & very content on my own, why let go of that?”

So when I start to doubt & get discouraged I tell myself…

Yes, He did promise me this.
Yes it is my desire, but I run after God & my heart desires what He desires for me. A Godly man that when partnered with me, we’ll be a team unstoppable for Christ.
No, God has not called me to be single.
Who knows when my time is, stop asking & let God work.
 Yes, I do want a husband.
And the reason I should let go of something good (being on my own) when the time comes, for something better (a husband) is because it’s worth it…even though it may be more work, it will grow me, strengthen me, push me closer to God, get me out of my comfort zone, test my faith, make me lean on Him & will teach me how to be selfless…AND I will make a bigger impact for Christ when partnered with the right person.
That’s the last thing satan wants, so of course he is going to try to discourage me… he uses the same tactic every time, I know when he does it but don’t always know how to fight it… today, that changes!
Writing about Gods promises & past faithfulness will help me trust Him in my future.
There is always a waiting period between the promise & the payoff… what are you gonna do during that waiting period?? Will you sit & whine about not getting what God has promised yet? Will you sit & doubt that God DID actually promise? Or will you push on, learn, grow, be obedient in the little things He has called you to NOW & believe God confidently while you’re waiting?!

Some encouraging verses to help you remember that God will come through on what He has promised you. Whether that be a husband/wife, a job, a baby, a strong marriage, provision or just peace & rest. He will provide what He has promised… in His time! In the meantime, keep your eyes on Him, do what He’s called you to do & Trust Him!

Hebrews 10:23-25
“Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love & good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return draws near.

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do Gods will. Then you will receive all that He has promised”

Hebrews 11:1
“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen. It gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”


3 comments:

  1. Due to the faith and trust you have placed in God ....He will bring the right man into your life! You are going to be an amazing wife to the man God has picked out for you! God will come through on what He has promised you. Thanks for writing this post...it reminds me to not let the devil distract me on what God has promised!
    rhonda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kat. I am very touched about wht you wrote. I have a testimony regarding this. I waited on God for a long time until i felt i could not anymore. It was at that time that God showed up, and told me to wait a while longer. Kat, it was not easy for me as a man. I kept on praying to God until the holly spirit answered. I was guided by HIM to my wife. I can tell you one thing, when i met my wife I knew it she was the one. God guided me towards my soul mate. She and i are so alike in most things. We have been married for a couple of years now, have been blessed with a handsome son. i always hear people talk about how unhappiness in their marriages. But it has never ever crossed my mind. Hang in there, while you are praying. God will give you desires of your heart. God is indeed faithful. If He could do it to me, He can do it to everybody. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes the obedients of both male and female. There is a permisive will and a perfect will. Also there are promises that are conditional. While you are waiting on God your desire changes as you begin to grow. No longer will you ask just for a mate but the scripture list of how he or she should be. Do we walk around as replicas quoting scripture. We are each unique and wonderful made. You keep on waiting on God and learn more of him up to the scale of being an advocate of what is and not. It is apparent that we grow thru growing stages overcomming each hurdle and in some instances mole hills and mountain removing faith. We become so intrusted in him that we become a part of the five fold ministry. At the beginning who chose that, granted he is the begining and end of all things and knows all things. I don't know how long a mate should wait when the other is continuly playing. Best advise is to move on and you do but that spoken and visual promise is there. Forfeit before hand you loose, wait and you become the best in God. But what is the Guarentee that the mate has entrusted his all too. Yes God is perfect in all things but dealing with the imperfect and inexperienced will make the simple things difficult more so than the expected end. Many get lost in the shuffle of life of what is and what is not according to their own belief system where in the word does it say we have the belief and the degree thereof unless we grow through knowledge in him and continuely being led of the spirit.Supposely will stumble into who might and might be. Doubt being the enemy.

    ReplyDelete