Thursday, January 1, 2015

What God taught me in 2014


This is a follow up of the previous blogpost. The first post was a rundown of what I studied & favorite things I tried to implement in my life last year (& still hope to this year)… this is all God taught me through it!

He taught me:

- How to rest not only externally but internally.

- That I have responsibility, not control. (response-ability, the ability to respond.)

- How to fight fear with faith!

- That I have the power to CHOOSE to speak life and control my thoughts!

- How to not entertain worry and negative thought patterns but to fill my mind with His words.

- That I don't have to indulge the flesh and feelings don't have to dictate my actions.

- That the words I speak will come back to me with something.

- How to have peace and be content no matter the situation.

- To trust Him.

- That He has my best interest at heart.

- That He is in the details.

- That I may fail and will need the grace that I don't always give to others!

- To not let my SELF get angry or bitter because it doesn't get it's way.

- To EMBRACE MY PLACE and be in the moment!

- To focus on Him- WHAT I FOCUS ON EXPANDS.

- To believe the best in others, to trust rather than to be suspicious.

- That people are sometimes deceived and to hate the SIN not the SINNER.

- To not respond out of my fear. To take time to see what He says about it.

- Not to fear the unknown. He is still there.

- That He will give me the wisdom to handle any situation.

- How to make great decisions based on His word.

- To WAIT and be patient.

- To pray, even when I don't feel like it.

- To CHOOSE joy.

- How to love someone without taking what they do personal.

- How to respond out of wisdom and not emotion. (still not perfect at it though!)

- How to forgive.

- How to speak truth and share my concerns.

- That it's not my job to PROTECT myself, "Whoever lies down their life finds it"

- That He is the God of justice and He will take care of it.


- How to let others make their own choices and not try to control.

- That I find peace when I let go and give people, fears & struggles into His possession. 

- To love and respect, even when it's not deserved. Because it comes from HIM not me. And once I receive it from Him, I can then give it to others.

- That I cannot give what I have not been given.

- That I am to get my needs met from Him, not others.


- That I am to give without expectations of receiving. 

- That I need not fear deception because He will reveal to me what needs to be revealed in the right time and He will give me the appropriate response in the right time. I need not worry and waste time on what MIGHT happen.

- That "Guarding my heart" does not mean to guard it from being broken by protecting it. It means guard it from being corrupted, from doubt, from fear, from unbelief. As everything that flows FROM it will direct your actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment